Welcome to another edition of the Affiliate Buzz, where affiliate marketers have been coming to be inspired, informed, and motivated to succeed since way back in 2003. Last week, James talked to Darren Little about how to fire your boss in the next 30 to 90 days and quitting your day job. This week, James talks to Dush Ramachandran about how to build an affiliate sales channel to increase sales and revenues.
Dush Ramachandran is the president and CEO of The Net momentum. Also, he is a speaker, author, and radio show host. He is a serial entrepreneur and hosts the Entrepreneur Effect podcast. He resides in Boulder, Colo., a hub for affiliate marketers. Dush and his wife/business partner, Terra, have launched a new product on affiliate marketing that offers beginner/intermediate training on building up an affiliate sales channel for their business.
How to Start an Affiliate Program
You can start an affiliate program very quickly when you know what you will price your product, how much commission will you pay, and what types of affiliates you want to target. But the challenge and the way to make it successful is to attract your affiliates and have them promote your offer on a consistent basis.
What do you have to do to make your offer attractive to affiliates? Creating an offer that converts is the first step. Then you identify what type of affiliates and demographic you want. Then, you need to handle the recruitment of them. It can be simple, but there are a lot of details to think about, which many people do not realize and causes them to cripple a program. Here is what you need to know on how to build an affiliate sales channel.
How to Build an Affiliate Sales Channel
Make sure your product converts well and that you have a compelling sales page. Traffic can come to you via Facebook, YouTube, and other social media outlets. Focus on two categories: Warm Traffic – people who have been warmed up by someone else, and Cold traffic – people who know nothing about you or your business.
Just about any type of business should consider starting and supporting an affiliate program. The smaller your margins, the less you are able to pay affiliates a commission. But if you are selling a product on your Website or through other platforms like Clickbank, it makes sense for you to have an affiliate program. And when should you start it? As soon as you have a sales page that coverts well. This is how to build an affiliate sales channel.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Whether you should use an affiliate network or an in-house software program purchased online. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
- The secret to success: You need to make your offer stand out amongst the crowd and all the other available offers.
- To grow a channel, you can handle it by yourself. But you still need resources, including a network or software, and hire an in-house affiliate manager or outsourced affiliate management organization.
- What a good program looks like when it is running successfully for a company, and what a profitable affiliate program can do for a company.
- The Affiliate Marketing Master Class was created to help others get started as a do-it-yourself course that focuses on processes and techniques.
- Find out more about Dush Ramachandran’s Affiliate Marketing Master Class. Affiliate Buzz customers can use the promo code: AFFBUZZ to receive $150 off.
- Find out more about Clickbank, where Dush Ramachandran once worked in affiliate marketing.
- To learn how to post a project properly, take the "Outsourcing Essentials Course." For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-542-0747.