In the episode of the Affiliate Buzz, James Martell talks with Zac Johnson from ZacJohnson.com and Blogging.org, and host of Rise of the Entrepreneur Podcast about how to earn a living blogging, and his many successes including “How he Made $860,538 Profit in 4 Months” from one web site.
Zac is an industry veteran since 1995, and an expert in blogging, content creation, brand building, affiliate marketing, and SEO. Zac’s social reach is over 100,000 strong and has referred over $5,000,000 in new business to his advertisers and network partners.
Working From Home And Conferences
Zac loves that having a computer allows you to work from anywhere, and cannot imagine life any other way. Working from home is great but when it comes to growing your business, connecting and learning from other people, he recommends going to industry conferences where you will meet the big players and see what others are doing.
Taking Your Business to the Next Level
Becoming your own brand was the way to go for Zac. When social media took off 20 years ago, it became advantageous to Zac to start to brand himself. He has ZacJohnson.com headquarters where he spills the beans of how he makes money and how to earn a living blogging.
Myspace - How He Made $860,538 Profit in 4 Months
Zac shares an amazing story of how he created a resource website where people could copy it and millions of people were clicking on images and coming back to his site, pushing terabytes of data, and it started to scale really fast and made him a lot of money.
Hear how the Yahoo Publisher Network (now media.net) placed ads on his site, and how he placed affiliate offers and pushed traffic - it was like a website going viral with some days making $35,000 which was pretty crazy. He said it was a wild ride while it lasted, bringing in $350,000 in his best month.
Blogging and Content Strategies
Zac shares a mic drop idea of how blogging works and how to create a resource website that is very niche and how to rank it to make good money. In this episode, you will learn how interviewing experts can make you a lot of money. Zac talks about how things have changed so much over the years with regards to content marketing.
He shares how he used his podcast to create content and how that produced high worthy content and ranked high in the search results. He also discusses his step by step formula for creating a blog, choosing a domain and getting it to rank.
In This Episode You Learn:
- His early start in affiliate marketing with CPA networks and Amazon
- His Myspace story and how he made a small fortune
- Blogging - what works and what doesn't
- How to earn a living blogging
- How Social Media and an SEO strategy can grow your brand
- What to focus on when creating posts and who to reach out to
- How to get free backlinks from authority sites
- How to rank your content
- Better ways to create content for your audience
- Why podcasts work because of the mobile craze
- A step by step tutorial for creating a blog
- Commission Junction University (CJU) - one of the first conferences for affiliates to attend
- ZacJohnson.com - Zac's website where he helps people learn about blogging and get resources
- Blogging.org - How to start a blog in less than 10 minutes