Welcome to another edition of the Affiliate Buzz, where affiliate marketers have been coming to be inspired, informed, and motivated to succeed since way back in 2003. Last week, James talked about how Cindy Small, from the SmarterLocal Partner Program, went from $0 to $19,000 in sales with a 46¢ postcard. This week, James, a 15 year veteran podcaster, talks about why and how to launch a profitable podcast in a matter of just weeks.
This topic came about because James was talking to Arlene about podcasting as it relates to affiliate marketing space. Why is it that affiliates are not jumping on the podcasting bandwagon? There are tons of people starting very profitable and successful podcasts. Just listen to episodes of James’ Podcasting Mastery podcast. Why are you not podcasting? Are you already successful in other areas of marketing and don’t need the traffic? Are you fearful of getting behind a microphone and talking?
How to Launch a Profitable Podcast
There are many reasons why some people do not podcast, but there are also several reasons why people should podcast:
- Establishes you as an expert
- Increases traffic
- Generates sales and leads
- Builds relationships
- Expands your online footprint
Podcasting gives you a much larger reach than blogs. You are accessible via podcasting directories, including iTunes, Stitcher, iHeartRadio and numerous others. Podcasting gives you fresh SEO content for your site, it separates you from your competition, and you can sell more – way more! That’s how to launch a profitable podcast.
Podcasting Mastery Podcast: Earn Income as a Podcaster
James’ other podcast is Podcasting Mastery, and features guests who are successful podcasters and talk to them about what they are doing with their show: why they started it, lessons they learned, how they are monetizing it – all the things that a potential podcaster would want to know by listening to those who have gone before you. Podcasting Mastery currently has 54 episodes. In July 2017, there were 73,655 listeners – yet James does no paid advertising for the program.
Start a podcast because it is the quickest way to build an audience, fastest way to build relationships with that audience, and the best way to dig in and get established. Episode #053 with Ryan Stewman, host of the Hardcore Closer podcast, discusses how he converted his podcast into a sales generating machine. Another example is episode #054 with Rockie Lee, host of the Clarity Coach podcast. He is already already landing influential guests, and starting to attract new clients after only 13 episodes.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to earn income as a podcaster and how to launch a profitable podcast.
- How JambMEDIA can manage your podcast, like it does for many other podcasters.
- Dan Lok does a great job at personal branding. Check out Shoulders of Titans and High Ticket Sales.
- How to receive coaching from James to start, build, and generate sales with your podcast through his Podcasting Mastery Course.
- How to get FREE copies of James’ two books: Outsourcing Essentials for Podcasters: The Secrets to Hiring Talent on a Beach Hut Budget and Basecamp: The Smarter, Faster, Easier Way to Manage a Successful Podcast.
- Use Blubrry Podcasting Statistics to learn more about numbers related to your podcast.
- Check out the Ben Franklin’s World podcast, which generates astounding numbers and is very impressive.
- Listen to The Secrets of Marketing an On or Offline Business with a Podcast, which features an interview with Gary Leland.