In the episode of the Affiliate Buzz, James and Arlene Martell talk about "how to scale your business to profitability with a virtual team." This is a topic that comes up again and again because if you are going to take the time to build an affiliate business, you want to make sure your time and money are managed well.
If you find yourself thinking:
- You are just getting started and hiring a virtual team is too early
- Your business is growing nicely, but time to accelerate it
- Maybe you are a veteran, things are going well but you are super busy and need some help
... then having an on-demand freelance team available to you may be what you need to accerate your growth, get more done and allow you to focus on more important business tasks, or having more time with family and friends.
In any business, sometimes you just don't feel like working because the weather is hot, there are things going on in your life that are keeping you busy, so having a team in place keeps you productive and profitable.
How to Find a Virtual Team
We initially hired our team at Upwork, and yes in some cases, we did have to try out several freelancers to find the right ones, but now that we have our team in place, we use them over and over again, and don't have to waste time posting projects. We now have a solid team, and they are on-demand when we need them.
The Essentials to Make it all Work
The magic of Basecamp (or activecollab) - our project management system that makes it all work like a fine tuned car. Listen to find out how we invite the team to complete the projects we need done, and how the communication flows to keep everyone on track, organized and in the loop. We have completely eliminated email and never have trouble finding the files we need.
Why You Need a Team
Trying to do it all yourself, especially if you do not have the expertise is frustrating and time consuming. A team helps you execute the plan quicker, which gets you to profitability faster. All pay by the hour projects are tracked and it is easy to see what is being done or you can also pay a flat fee per project. Find out how much we pay freelancers and how we pay them as well and keep costs within budget.
"Do what you do best, and outsource the rest".
Want to really feel good about your business? Whether you are just getting started, or been around for awhile, you will need a writer, a graphics designer and a Virtual assistant to get started. These people have made our lives more efficient with much less stress. The goal is that 5 years from now, this team will still be working with you!
Listen to learn:
- How to scale your business to profitability with a team
- How a virtual team saves you time and money
- Where to find a virtual team and which ones to hire
- How to keep your projects running smoothly
- How to manage and pay your team
If you need some help with this, I offer a coaching program that will take you through all these steps in detail and allow you to focus on the marketing end of your business.
If you are considering building a lifestyle business, where you can spend more time traveling, more time enjoying your family and more time doing all of the things that matter to you most, stay tuned to a little road map we are putting together which will be ready in a few weeks. James also invited you to Subscribe to the Affiliate Buzz on our website, on iTunes, and on our new YouTube Channel to be alerted to new episodes.
- Outsourcing Essentials Course - the step by step process to hiring a virtual team with job descriptions and work orders. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- LifestyleBusinessRoadmap.com - our new site completely outsourced
- Basecamp - It's a one stop shop for all the things teams do together.
- ActiveCollab - Powerful, yet simple project management tool