Welcome to another edition of The Affiliate Buzz, where affiliate marketers have been coming to be inspired, informed and motivated to succeed since way back in 2003. Arlene is away visiting the grandbaby, but we’re here with James (and momentarily with Led Zeppelin) to learn how to make the most out of those hours of research by repurposing your content.
Why Should You Be Repurposing Content?
So other than the obvious reason advantage of getting more benefit out of the same amount of work, why is repurposing content important? Repurposing content allows you to:
- Save time and money
- Maximize your SEO
- Add variety to your internet presence
- Put your content in front of your ideal client, wherever they happen to hang out
Eight Simple Steps to Eight Pieces of Quality Content
As listeners have no doubt realized, James produces quite a bit of content. However, he still wants to get as much mileage as he can out of it. It’s generally agreed that there are three hours of research behind every hour of writing. So, here’s James’ step by step guide to repurposing that content to scatter it all over the Internet:
- Research and develop a detailed outline based on a need or problem your ideal customer has.
- Hire a professional writer to work that outline into a feature article.
- Use the outline to record a podcast episode.
- Get a transcription of the podcast. Clean it up. Add a nice cover and a table of contents to make a finished document.
- Hire another writer to do two re-writes of the original article and use them as guest posts. (Yes, backlinks still matter.)
- Hire a freelancer to make a 30 page Power Point presentation from your outline. Upload it into SlideShare.
- Record a narration of your article. Hire a freelancer to make it and the text into a video you can post on YouTube.
- Hire a freelancer to create an infographic around the points in your outline.
Once you’ve created all that content, you have a lot of options as to how to use it. You can upload it to your website, send it out to your email list, or offer it as an opt-in. Every piece of content you put out there is working to establish you as an expert and to bring visitors to your website. In fact, you can get so much powerful content from one well researched outline that James suggests you only need to do it once per month.
We know what you’re thinking. If you’re not a writer, a video producer, a graphic designer, a voice actor, that sounds like a lot of outsourcing. We like outsourcing. In fact, we love it. And it doesn’t have to break the bank. Let’s take a look at James’ cost breakdown for those eight pieces of content:
- Professional writer for the feature article - $60
- Transcription of the podcast -$12 to $20
- Re-writes of feature article - $30
- Power Point presentation - $25 to $30
- Narration of the article for audio track on video- $20
- Infographic $30-$50
There you have it. One well researched outline- free except for your time. Six professionals freelancers - $190. Eight pieces of professional content – priceless!
To find freelancers for writing, graphic design, power point presentations, etc., check out Upwork.com.