In this edition of the Affiliate Buzz, James Martell talks about Cindy Small about how she went from $0 to $19,000 in sales with a 46¢ postcard with his SmarterLocal Partner Program.
A doctor found Cindy because of that postcard. Cindy and James put together a proposal for the doctor to attract new patients to his office. The doctor gave the go ahead to develop two $3,500 websites with a 12-month ongoing promotional program for $12,000, for a combined total sale of $19,000. The hard costs to develop the Websites and implement the promotional program is about $6,000 because everything is outsourced, leaving $13,000 for the partner. There's some money to be made when you start a SmarterLocal digital marketing agency and work with local business owners who really need help.
Start a SmarterLocal Digital Marketing Agency
James talks about the $10,000 guarantee he offers all SmarterLocal Partners. He works side-by-side mentoring them, just like he did with Cindy, until $10,000 in sales is closed. It’s a win-win situation. With the program, local partners manage the clients, but are able to outsource much of the work to be done to low-cost freelancers who are eager to do the work for them.
Michael Gerber, author of the "E-Myth - Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It," points out that you are better off to start a business that you know little about. For example, a business person can start a bakery and hire bakers. Knowing how to make cakes has nothing to do with running a business.
Outsource Using Upwork
James has successfully outsourced 1,600 projects and worked with more than 500 freelancers. He is a huge fan of outsourcing. He teaches classes and writes about it. In the SmarterLocal Program, he teaches partners how to become a master outsourcer.
Apply to start a SmarterLocal digital marketing agency. James walks partners through the steps involved to become 100% proficient in hiring talented freelancers, including pre-written job descriptions and orders used to hire them. Use the guidelines created by James to build a team of anyone you need to succeed.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why it's not worth your time to do the work when you can hire low-cost professionals to handle most of the tasks for you.
- How to use Upwork (freelancer site) and Basecamp (project management system) as a powerful way to run and manage a business.
- When dealing with local business owners, a common misconception is that you are marketing SmarterLocal services and products to an area that you live in. Not true – services can be managed from anywhere!
- Why local business owners only care about increasing revenues, by attracting local consumers to their business and keep them coming back.
- How to centralize generating leads by giving the task to people who do it every day. Again, the business owner does not need to handle such a task.
- How the SmarterLocal Program provides clients with a website, marketing funnel, training, support - everything you need to start a SmarterLocal digital marketing agency.
- Ways to utilize mailing out postcards because they are inexpensive; less mail is being sent out, so people notice it; and why business owners are tired of their inboxes being full of unwanted email ads.
- How digital marketing consulting services, such as podcasts and Facebook ads, generate leads and high profit margins.
- How to manage the freelancers you have hired via outsourcing.
- Find out more information on how to start a SmarterLocal digital marketing agency, which gives you everything you need to market to local business owners looking to attract new customers. Call 604-542-0747 or email email@example.com.
- Learn about James’ weekly, live online training class; private Facebook group; and private portal featuring tools to promote your services in the marketplace.
- Basecamp is on online project management system used by James.