Welcome to another edition of the Affiliate Buzz, where affiliate marketers have been coming to be inspired, informed and motivated to succeed since way back in 2003. Last week, James interviewed Roy Weissman, VP of Sales for SendPulse, about how his email marketing platform is driving open rates. This week, James welcomes Josh Martin to the show to talk about his proven methods that can help you transform your brand, whether it’s personal or corporate.
Josh Martin is the man behind JoshMartin.tv and the BrandPop! Academy. With both enterprises, he aims to help business owners define their Brand DNA, which he says is the foundation for all branding. Josh and James discuss why branding (personal branding in particular) is important, and how to get started. They also discuss how Josh’s BrandPop! Academy is helping business owners create their own branding, at affordable prices.
Personal Branding Hits the Bottom Line
As an affiliate marketer, is your brand strong enough that customers come back to you, rather than directly to a merchant? If you’re doing it right, they should! Business owners can’t underestimate the importance of having a brand that customers want to engage with. James and Josh discuss some of the common misconceptions that business owners have when creating their own brands, and why sharing your personality is key!
Josh himself fell victim early on to a pitfall that many businesses do: not showing enough of his personality. He explains to James how he watched his engagement drop off, and why doing everything the way everyone else does just isn’t an option for him anymore. They discuss how affiliate marketing today is different than 10 years ago, and why customers prefer doing business with a face.
It’s in the Brand DNA
Is your brand built on more than just your company’s colors? Is it obvious in every graphic and piece of marketing? If it isn’t, then you might need to work on your Brand DNA. Josh explains to James what Brand DNA is, and why it’s vital for business owners to define it well, BEFORE the branding process starts.
Josh also walks James through the three key parts of Brand DNA: the what, the why, and the audience. They talk about each in turn, some examples of what they are, and how Josh’s BrandPop! Academy can help you define them for your business, and ultimately transform your brand into something spectacular.
Here’s What You’ll Hear
- Why affiliate marketers today shouldn’t be anonymous anymore
- The common misconceptions that business owners make about their brands
- Why your personality should shine through in your brand
- How to define what makes you unique
- The questions to ask when deciding why you’re in business
- Why it’s important to define your audience well
- How to make content creation easier just by defining your audience
- How the BrandPop! Academy brings DIY branding to everyone at a fair price
- To find out more about how a branding strategy could help YOUR business, just visit Josh Martin’s website.
- Take your brand to the next level by joining Josh’s BrandPop! Academy.