In this week's edition of the Affiliate Buzz, James Martell is joined Hope Horner, Founder and CEO Lemonlight, an LA Based business that produces and distributes branded video content at scale. Hope joins James to share how to increase sales and conversions with video marketing.
Hope is a three-time entrepreneur who grew up in the backwoods of Tennessee. When she turned 18, she moved from her small hometown to Los Angeles to attend Pepperdine University, where she graduated with a degree in International Business. Horner has been featured in Inc., KABC, Extra! and multiple other publications highlighting her successes in the Silicon Beach community over the past decade. Her current enterprise, Lemonlight, produces and distributes video marketing content and has offices in six major cities.
With so many options out there, why should you turn to video marketing as a strategy? When Hope was searching for the most effective marketing techniques, a few facts got her attention:
- People are 87% more likely to watch a video than to read text
- 71% of marketers say video outperforms other marketing techniques
- Video gets shared on social media 1,200 times more than text and links combined
Once she realized the power of video, Hope set-up a system to produce and distribute brand videos, pre-roll videos and videos designed for sharing on social media.
Be the Star of your own Documentary
Hope describes brand videos as mini documentaries. A brand video usually consists of an interview with the founder and/or business owner as well as testimonials from satisfied customers. The Lemonlight crew will film for about half an hour and will then pull out the one or two minutes that really bring your story to life. And if you find the idea of being on camera a little intimidating, don’t worry. It’s Lemonlight’s job to make you look great and sound great. And nobody is done until you love it.
But brand videos aren’t the only option. Those 30 second, pre-roll commercials that we sometimes skip over can have a powerful impact, especially if you know how to pack your message and your call to action into the first three to five seconds.
And what about social media in video marketing? What makes one video get shared dozens of times and another one sit unviewed? Hope will tell you how to increase the likelihood that your video will get shared, as well as an interesting fact about the audio side of social media videos. Hope has a lot of information to share, so listen now to hear:
- The components of a successful marketing video
- Three different places to include your brand video
- How to use a pre-roll video to drive people to your site
- Sites other than YouTube that can show your pre-roll videos
- How to get your videos shared on social media
- The different options for video content (interviews, testimonials, voice over, animation, etc.)
- The different stages in producing a video
- What you need to know about your audience in order to produce a successful marketing video
Want to Be in the Lemonlight?
Hope has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Miami, Austin and Washington D.C. If none of those locations are convenient for you, she has 45 cinematographers deployed across the country and one will come to you. Contact her at http://www.lemonlight.com for more information.