On-Page Optimization - Handy Cheat Sheet
Joan Mylchreest shared this handy cheat sheet in Affiliate Buzz #203 where we talked about the key to profitability with affiliate programs. I am sure you will find it very helpful. I would also suggest printing yourself a copy.
- Your primary keyword must be included in the title tag.
- Your primary keyword should also appear once in the meta description tag (near the beginning).
- Include a couple of other related keywords in the meta description tag.
- Your primary keywords must appear in the H1, H2 and H3 tags. (the main headline being the most important)
- Your primary keywords must appear in the first 90 characters of the first paragraph.
- Your primary keywords must appear in the last sentence of your article.
- Your overall keyword density of each article or post should be at least 3%.
- It’s a good idea for each of your posts or pages that you bold, underline or italicize your primary keyword once within your content.
- Make sure each image you add to each post or page has an alt tag with your primary keyword in it.
- You need to link to another internal page on your site using your primary keyword as the anchor text.
- Using your primary keywords as anchor text it’s a good idea to link to an authority site at least once in each post or page.
- Make sure you remove all other outgoing links other than to the affiliate program you are promoting.
- Make sure that each post or page is “tightly written” around your primary keywords.
If you have a WP blog, consider investing in SEO Pressor. This plug in automatically does all of the above for you. What a great time saver!