As I write this Arlene and I are on board a Southwest Airlines flight heading home from the ShareASale Think Tank in Chicago. Isn't it truly amazing that we can have a solid Internet connection doing 500 miles per hour?
Arlene and I will be sharing the details of the event in the next edition of the Affiliate Buzz, but I thought it would be fun to share the lighter side of this event. The fun side of the event if you will.
As many buzz listeners already know Arlene and I like to sandwich the trip to a conference such as the Think Tank with a little fun ...all in the spirit of working hard and playing hard.
It's been a whirlwind week for sure. Lot's to share. A few quick highlights:
- Lunch with BootCamp member at Navy Pier - It's always fun to catch up with BootCamp members. Marty lives in Chicago so it made sense to meet for lunch. We originally met Marty at Ken McCarthy's System Seminar.
- Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour of Chicago - Arlene and I always love doing the bus tour when arriving in a major city. It's a great way to get a guided tour of the Cities' main attractions We left from Navy Pier, stopped off at a number of sites along the way including the SkyDeck on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tour where Arlene and I both conquered the glass floored cubes.
- Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat - A great treat was a special invite to go to an Eastern Conference Final between these two basketball powerhouses...in the Blackhawks Super Suite. It was a BIG show to say the least.
- Chicago Cubs vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates - Arlene and I both love basebase so when the $50 ticket price to attend the ShareASale event also included tix, double decker bus rude to the park, lunch, beverages -- all in a private box in one of the famous Wriggly Rooftops how could we say no. We couldn't and had a lot of fun.
- BootCamp Meet Ups - The biggest highlight for Arlene and I at these events is to meet-up with fellow bootcamp members, buzz listeners and handbook owners.
- Catching Up with Friends - Attend these types of conferences and you are bound to make some great friends. Many I suspect you'll know for a lifetime. It's true for Arlene and I. We always enjoying catching up face-to-face.
...and a lot more including a great dinner with Arlene and Deb Carney from Team Loxly and a whole lot more.
And oh, there was an amazing conference interweaved through it all with great sessions, networking and after parties.
I'll fill you in during the next Affiliate Buzz. If you have any questions or comments please post them below. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.