If you learn something here you can thank Charles who goaded me into sharing some of my favorite keyboard shortcuts on a recent Buzz.
If you heard that interview you may recall it was an associate of mine, Chuck Anderson, who convinced me to try NOT using my mouse.
He told me, at the time, that there was a keyboard shortcut for every function done by the “mouse”.
What follows is a list of my top 10 favorite time saving keyboard shortcuts. What follows that is a link to a resource I am sure you will find extremely helpful if you are serious about saving time by learning new ways to use your keyboard.
- ALT+TAB: Switch between open programs
- F5: Refresh page
- F1: Help
- ALT+F4: Quit program
- CTRL+C: Copy – CTRL+X: Cut – CTRL+V: Paste
- CTRL+B: Bold – CTRL+U: Underline – CTRL+I: Italic
- CTRL+Z: Undo
- SHIFT+DELETE: Delete item permanently
- Windows Key+D: Minimizes all open programs
- CTRL+ESC: Opens the Start menu
As mentioned above, here’s a link to a website that provides numerous keyboard shortcuts with excellent graphics.
So don't delay.
All the best,